Result of a fire notified to emergency responders is made worse by:
- Emergency responders not adequately considering/identifying/addressing the failure of reservoirs, hoses or lines containing fuel, hydraulics, lubrication, coolants etc.
- Responders failing to identify the potential for a subsequent catastrophic failure of liquid fuel containment fuel that ignites or explodes causing further injury and property losses.
Credible Failure mode is addressed by:
- BI-05.05 Combustible liquids transfer site-based standards and procedures are in place
- BI-05.40 Automatic notification of equipment fire to Emergency Response
- BI-09.01 Emergency Preparedness
- BI-09.03 Strategy for testing, reviewing and maintaining the currency of the emergency response plan
- BI-09B.01 Emergency Response Drills
- BI-09B.04 Emergency response team fire training
Last Updated: 17/05/2022 03:42:58pm