Mobile equipment fires continue to occur regularly in the mining and resources industry and there are clear drivers to improve the understanding and application of fire prevention and mitigation controls.
Mobile equipment fire events:
– Present significant risks for operators, maintainers, and emergency responders
– Can be catastrophic in underground operations
– Create wider operational and commercial issues for earthmoving equipment owners and operators
– Require mandatory statutory reporting in most mining jurisdictions
– Have been extensively analysed and regulators now expect that mine operators will improve their mobile equipment fire management performance
Last Updated: 23/01/2023 02:58:34pm