During normal operations the equipment design does not prevent build ups of external fuel in mobile equipment, including:
- hot component or nearby surfaces that allow accumulation of coal dust, sulphide ores, organic matter etc.
- equipment is not designed to contain operating oils, fuels, etc.
This Credible Failure mode is addressed by:
- BI-01.52 Skilled and experienced personnel are accountable for selection of mobile equipment
- BI-02.01 Introduction of equipment to site process
- BI-02A.01 Fit for purpose equipment selection processes – General
CFM-DE-03 Fuel is introduced to mobile equipment – design weakness
Last Updated: 04/08/2020 07:25:09am