If new technology is introduced, it improves fatigue management.
Site review and planning to consider technology to support existing fatigue management approaches follows this sequence:
- Carry out a baseline assessment of existing mobile equipment fatigue control effectiveness;
- Assess the potential benefits of new technology to support or replace existing fatigue management controls for mobile equipment operators;
- If new technology is considered, establish functional and performance requirements for technology vendors that confirm:
- What the technology does;
- What the technology does not do;
- Review if the introduction of new technology can result in new situations and circumstances that can cause mobile equipment fatalities, e.g. through changes in operator behaviour:
- Identify business and operational processes that prevent or mitigate the development of these situations and circumstances
- Include these processes in the technology implementation plan
- Prepare the business case for the technology investment;
- Prepare an operational implementation plan;
- Confirm how the new technology can provide information to improve site operations.
Last Updated: 23/06/2020 04:01:33pm