Operator fails to identify and act on changes in conditions: reduced visibility, road narrowing, road surface etc., caused by:
- Dust, rain or fog obscuring visibility of roadway, other vehicles or obstructions
- Lighting too bright, too dim, or poorly positioned lights
- Roadworks and grader operations (e.g. creating rough conditions or drop-offs)
- Change in road surface (conditions or material – including impacts of geotechnical (subsidence, slumps, falls of material onto roadways))
- Lightning storms
- Excess water on road (rain, irregular or overwatering)
- Snow, ice, windblown sand, falls of ground, etc.
This Credible Failure mode is addressed by:
- BI-01D.01 Trained personnel who are supported by an appropriate and up-to-date training management system
- BI-01P.01 Trained, Competent and Authorised Mobile Equipment Operators
- BI-01P.02 Task expectations are well communicated and reinforced over the work shift.
- BI-01P.14 Managing road works, including grader operations – information prepared for operators
- BI-03D.03 Competent and site experienced water cart operators
- BI-03P.01 Road surface changes are identified and managed by vehicle operators.
- BI-03T.01 Ceasing Operations Procedure – compromised operating environment
- BI-03T.05 Lightning and Extreme Weather TARP
- BI-05P.01 Shift to shift communication
- BI-05P.02 Site change management process apply to changes in equipment, road networks and traffic flows
CFM 1CS-08 Operator fails to identify and act on changes in conditions: reduced visibility, road narrowing, road surface etc.
Last Updated: 04/08/2020 12:39:27am