Equipment selected for site use is fit for purpose and delivers safe and productive outcomes.
Mobile equipment specifications are in place that include requirements for:
- Cabin integrity and operator restraint
- Auto shutdowns
- Warning devices e.g, tilt swiches, proximity alarms
- Protective devices
- Egress / escape by alternate exit in the event of an emergency e.g. through non-laminated glass windows
- Required ratings for Light Vehicles
- Confirming that statutory conformance requirements are met for Heavy Vehicles e.g. ROPS / FOPS.
- As required the installation self-rescuers for vehicles that may be engulfed e.g. dozers that operate on stockpiles
Senior managers including representative of operations and maintenance approve equipment selection recommendations.
A rigorous introduction to site process checks that received mobile equipment meets site requirements before it is permitted to operate.
Last Updated: 07/07/2020 01:41:55pm