Personnel approaching a vehicle parked in operational areas are not endangered by an unexpected vehicle movement.
Sites set minimum requirements for approaching and accessing parked mobile equipment, these consider the:
- Possibility of a resting operator who wakes up and moves off without detecting the person accessing the parked equipment
- The position for parking other vehicles
- Communication with parked equipment to confirm the presence of an operator
- Direction of travel if the parked vehicle dirves or rolls away
- Isolation requirements on entering the footprint of the parked vehicle
Training and assessment in requirements for accessing parked vehicles.
BI-04P.13 Established requirements for approaching parked mobile equipment in operational areas.
Last Updated: 23/06/2020 04:01:33pm