Sites should have cease operations processes (Trigger Action Response Processes/Plans) in place for situations for when it is no longer safe to continue normal operations using mobile equipment.
Procedures in place for compromised operating conditions
Develop and implement a process to cease operations in situations where it is no longer safe to operate mobile equipment:
- Failure of roadways e.g. slumps, washouts, sink holes
- Actual or potential geotechnical failures
- Fires and smoke
- Precipitation: snow, sleet, rain, hail etc.
- Temperature extremes
- Infrastructure potential or actual failure
- Potentially explosive(e.g. methane rich) atmospheres
- Falls of ground
- Seismic events
- Loss of ventilation
- Animals etc.
Training and assessment in requirements for vehicle operators, supervisors and management
BI-03T.01 Ceasing Operations Procedure – compromised operating environment
Last Updated: 23/06/2020 04:01:33pm