The Work Packages in this section focus on the successful implementation of new VI intervention controls (EMESRT Levels 8–9). This requires the integration of all VI Control Levels for a ‘whole of system’ improvement.
- Identify relevant company vehicle interaction requirements for new technology controls (EMESRT Level 8 and 9) based on operation type: e.g. underground coal mining, underground hard rock mining, open cut mining, refinery etc.
- Confirm site infrastructure requirements for each technology option.
- Prepare a site functional, performance and technology specification and review it against technology performance summaries of preferred PDS suppliers
- Select the best fit from preferred PDS technology suppliers and request that they complete a summary of their product performance against site functional and performance requirements
- If other technology options are considered ensure that they meet minimum set requirements based on ACARP PDS validation framework (draft ISO standard)
- Summarise capability, installation and maintenance costs, upgrade potential, data management and fit with future mine digitisation plans and other relevant information for each option
- Compare site and company requirements, identify any difference e.g. additional site-specific requirements and/or restrictions e.g. requirement for machine swing interlocks and orebody precludes use of magnetic field PDS etc.
5.1 Relevant Options – New VI React Controls
Last Updated: 21/12/2020 02:44:46pm